Sunday, March 13, 2016

I miss you...

The Cancerous World We Live In
By: Elizabeth King

Ups and downs, 
highs and lows, 
we feel as if we’re on top of the world,
and then we take some blows.

Automatically jumping to conclusions,
we all think the end is near.
It leaves us with such confusion.
It’s a word no one wants to hear.

It takes a lot of lives,
and breaks a lot of hearts.
Those once close together,
are now far apart.

We cling to the memories,
the gentle and the grim,
remembering them for centuries,
until they become life’s hymn.

Now we are here all alone,
dealing with our insanity.
We wish the reasons were more known,
so we could get some kind of clarity.

Every time I see the color red,
I think of all the laughs and smiles,
all of the words I never said,
and I never will for a while.

And so this is goodbye,
to all the small moments of bliss.
I can’t promise I won’t cry,
All those times that I will surely miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment