Monday, June 20, 2016

To the girl I owe everything too...

  1. You don't realize how important you are to me. I got my strength and my will to survive from your positive attitude and bright smile. You and I connected just because you overheard me talking to another person. Not only have you helped me, but you have given me the chance to see what a real friend is. A real friend is someone who cries with you when times are tough; laughs with you when one is acting a fool; or just makes you smile because their just being there is comforting in its entirety. You are my friend and, for that, I am forever grateful.
  2. You're not alone in this. You and I have walked this journey together and we will keep doing that until we reach our destination. Although it my seem like we've been traveling this journey for an incredibly long time, I would not have wanted to do this with anyone else. This may sound so weird but seeing you go through your hard times, only makes me want to get through mine even more. Together, you and I, are finishing this journey and we will cross that finish line together
  3. You matter. You once sent me a picture. It was a picture of a quote written in gold. The quote on the picture read, "Anyone can find the dirt in someone. Be the one who finds the gold." (Prov. 11:27). You sent me a nice paragraph explaining what you thought my gold was. Your gold is that you've made such an impact on my life as well as so many others. Thank you for being you and never forget that. You always find the gold in others and completely turn a blind eye to the dirt. And that's one of the mot admiring qualities about you along with so many others.
  4. There is hope. I know there are times when you feel like giving up but just know that the feeling will pass. I am living proof. The worst of the worst has happened to us both and there have been and still will be times where I just want to end all the pain and give up. You have shown me the true exhibition of strength and bravery by facing everything that comes at you with your head held high.
  5. I care about you. You have become my go-to person for just about anything, no matter how touchy or embarrassing the topic is. You're my gym buddy and my therapist and you're the best older sister that I never had. I love you so much and am willing to do whatever it takes to se you happy. You deserve that more than anyone in the world.
Thank you for being my bff. Thank you for laughing at my weirdness. Thank you for always letting me rant to you everyday. Thank you for letting me cry on your shoulder. Thank you for hating my ex's gf's with me on an hourly basis. But most of all thank you for being you and for always having my back on everything (well mostly everything). I love you sososo much and I couldn't get through everyday without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment